FAQ for New Students
Health Requirement Questions
- Students are required to submit health history information, documentation of required immunizations, and complete a physical exam. Forms are due no later than 30 days prior to the start of the program (June 1). Download the Student Health Packet (pdf file) and note that completed forms must be mailed (not faxed or emailed).
- Prior to the start of the program, a Human Resources (HR) staff member will send you new employment forms to complete and you will have a virtual onboarding meeting. Once your forms are cleared, you will start receiving your stipend every other week on Fridays.
- • All new and transfer international students must complete an online check-in process to activate their F-1 status at Weill Cornell. More information can be found here.
- • All new international students will be asked to fill out a tax questionnaire as part of their HR onboarding process. Based on the information provided, the HR Immigration team will advise each student’s tax withholding status and ask them to sign additional treaty exemption forms if applicable.
- Students can begin using their research allowance once they are enrolled in WCM payroll. The research allowance policy is updated every year and the latest form is on the TPCB Intranet here.
- WCM health insurance is managed by Student Accounting and you can find more information on their website. Be sure to read the New Student Checklist.
- Your CWID (pronounced “seaweed”) is your Weill Cornell Graduate School userID that you’ll use to log into WCM systems. Once you receive your personal credentials, activate your CWID here.
- Your email account is your CWID, followed by @med.cornell.edu. For best results, we recommend accessing your email account via Outlook or through the Office 365 web interface anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- Submit a new connection request at myHelpdesk, a self-service web portal that allows you to submit any issue or request online. Access requires a valid CWID and password.
- Once your new employee forms are processed by HR, go to the New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Security Office, located at 523 East 70th Street (“Annex” building). Let the Security Officer know you are a new student. Please bring a government photo ID with you to confirm your identity.
- First complete a non-employee form (pdf) and submit to the MSK Office of Graduate Studies. Then complete a non-employee survey from MSK HR – the link will be sent to you once your non-employee status is processed.
- Email Kristen Cullen at the Dean’s Office and copy Margie H. Mendoza, the Tri-I Program Administrator with the following information: Name, Program, Rotation Start Date/End Date, and RU Lab Name. Once approved, you will be instructed to go to the Nurses Residence, First Floor for ID photos.
- Course listings are available on LEARN and all registration occurs in that environment. An active CWID is required to login. Registration instructions are broadcasted by email before each registration and add/drop period. Please see the Academic Calendar for the schedule.
- Students may apply to take courses at Rockefeller each semester by completing an application in LEARN.
- Follow these instructions (pdf file).